Saturday, July 27, 2013

Anniversary

In celebration of my blog being up and running for a year, I will do a review on a book about new beginnings. Thank you to all my viewers who have stuck by me this past year. I really appreciate it. Just a reminder, you can suggest books for me to read and review at any time!

 Title: The Fire Horse Girl
                                      # of Pages: 336
                                      Author: Kay Honeyman
                                      Previous Work: This is her first novel.

                                      Summary: Thought to be cursed, Jade Moon faces a lifetime
                                      of  boredom in China. The only man who will marry her is
                                      the bricklayer- who only talks about bricks. Then Sterling
                                      Promise, an adopted cousin comes along and convinces
                                      Jade Moon's father to take them all to America. Excited, she 
                                      goes with them to Ellis Island- only to be betrayed.

                                      Rating: A 5! I wish I could keep this book... But I can't.
                                      Awards: 
   
                                                  Booklist Starred Review

                                                  Parent's Choice Gold Award

                                      Opinion: This book is so multi-layered! If I were to call it a
                                      romance I would be right- and wrong. The same goes for
                                      calling it a new twist on a classic story or a historical
                                      fiction. I guess  if I had to define this book as one thing,
                                      it would be becoming more than what people say you
                                      are or even what you should be. People treated Jade Moon
                                      differently because of when she was born and she became
                                      what they expected her to be.
                                         

2 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds amazing, and I love to support new authors, I'm absolutely going to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first found this book at the library but then acquired it for my own usage. I have re-read it so many times.

    ReplyDelete